The Residenza Villa Marignoli Rome is perhaps one of the most successful works of Giulio Magni - one of the most interesting Italian architects of the early 19th century.
Great-grandson of Valadier, Magni was the creator of some of the great building works of the first decades of the new century including the Ministry of the Navy (1911), winner of the competition for the National Gallery of Modern Art in Villa Giulia (1911), the public housing in Testaccio (1903 - 1914), the Peace Palace in The Hague, in addition to some houses of great architectural interest such as the Almajà Cottage and Villa Pacelli on Via Aurelia.
The restoration was a long and complex process. The buildings had become dilapidated and were unsafe with the major problems being a part of the roof that was completely demolished where it overlooked the garden. The tiles and stairs in this area were smashed and unsafe with other areas also with smashed floors and an unstable roof.
The restoration project consisted in the renovation of existing buildings and reconstruction, of them and the garden with a plan to share services and shops - 2.50 / 3.50 m of shared floor space of the 6.70 m in order to give the best and most efficient use of space and possibility.
In addition to ensuring the stability of the shaky areas of the structures, the restructuring has succeeded in also completely rebuilding the demolished parts, so that the building is once again returned to its former glory at the time of its original construction, but also usable with the modern requirements that existed in 1975.
The accommodation has since been a place of residence for primarily foreign tourists but also of a number of Italians who have found the property to be a peaceful retreat in Rome where they could stay for long periods. Such visitors include Federico Fellini, Pietro Notarianni, director Dario Argento and playwright Giuseppe Manfridi.